• December 2, 2015

WSU football player arrested for grocery theft

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 5:00 am

WSU defensive tackle Austin Brown was arrested Friday night for stealing a cart of merchandise from the Walmart on Bishop Boulevard.

Walmart reported the incident shortly after it occurred. Surveillance footage revealed Brown leaving the store after neglecting to pay for the goods, which were valued at $50.68.

Among the stolen items were two gallons of milk, a bag of potato chips, strudel pastries, and a box of frozen corn dogs.

Brown, 19, was arrested at about 11:30 p.m. at his apartment on Southeast Harvest Drive. Officers released him with a citation for third-degree theft.

The groceries were still in Brown's vehicle at the time of his arrest.

The redshirt freshman is the third member of the WSU football team arrested in recent weeks. Cornerback Daquawn Brown was arrested Feb. 2 for driving without a valid license, and receiver Gabe Marks was arrested Feb. 8 on charges that included fourth-degree assault.

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.

1 comment:

• reader posted at 10:40 am on Tue, Mar 11, 2014.

reader Posts: 30

Don't steal on camera if you're famous, this particular trick only works if you are anonymous. I guess he didn't know that; old habits die hard.

Follow us on Facebook